Reduced steam consumption, reduced maintenance costs and increased lifetime of heat exchangers – in general, minimizing all soot related problems.
The world fleet today consists of some 87 000 vessels over 100GT and cargo vessels all categories represent a vast majority of the total number. Of all existing cargo vessels an estimated number of 25 000 are mid/large size vessels all categories. For over 25 years we have been present on the marine market and delivered Infrasound Acoustic Cleaners on basically all types of cargo ships:
- Container Carriers
- Car Carriers
- Bulk Carriers
- Ro-Ro (with catalysts)
- Heavy Load Carriers
- General Cargo
Some of the benefits that Infrasound Cleaning system brings to the customer are:
- Reduced steam consumption for steam soot cleaning.
- Increased lifetime of heat exchangers. Non-abrasive acoustic soot cleaning increases the lifetime of heat exchangers by reducing the need for conventional cleaning systems. Infrasonic Cleaning does not contribute to corrosion or erosion of heat exchangers.
- Lower and more stable differential pressure. The infrasound reaches areas that are not accessible to conventional soot cleaning systems.
- Reduced or eliminated manual cleaning and water washing. Less handling of soot contaminated water, fewer man-hours spent.
- Reduction or elimination of soot on deck. Sparks from funnel and soot on deck is reduced or eliminated.
- Eliminated use of chemicals. Eliminates the cost of chemicals and handling of chemicals onboard.
- Reduced boiler maintenance and repair. Generally reduced maintenance cost, both material and man-hours.