No soot on deck, reduced smoke peak density, reduced steam consumption, higher boiler efficiency, lower maintenance and operational costs of boilers.
Energy management has become of vital importance to the cruise and ferry industry for economic and environmental reasons. The industry is faced with continuously increasing restrictions of the permitted emission levels. With ship operators striving to optimize the energy efficiency, there is a big focus to reduce fuel consumption, cut down unnecessary waste, conserve energy and reduce water use. These parameters are not only about environmental regulatory compliance, but also about image and financial issues. Within this energy efficiency frame, it is important to find cost-efficient ways to clean boilers, increase their availability and efficiency, reduce their maintenance costs and prolong their lifetime. We offer a solution to prevent soot on deck and soot build-up in boilers and catalysts.
Some of the benefits that Infrasound Cleaning system brings to the customer are:
- Reduction or elimination of soot on deck. Sparks from funnel and soot on deck is reduced or eliminated.
- Reduced steam consumption for steam soot cleaning.
- Reduced smoke peak density.
- Reduced or eliminated manual cleaning and water washing. Less handling of soot contaminated water, fewer man-hours spent.
- Increased lifetime of boilers and catalysts. Non-abrasive infrasound sonic cleaning increases the lifetime of heat exchangers by reducing the need for conventional cleaning systems.
- Infrasound Cleaning does not contribute to corrosion or erosion of heat exchangers.