Heavily reduced or eliminated steam consumption or shot cleaning, increased availability, reduced maintenance costs and increased lifetime of heat exchangers.
Waste to energy (WtE) is the process of creating energy in the form of electricity or/and heat from the incineration of waste. Infrafone offers a cost-effective and efficient solution to prevent soot accumulation in boilers, thus reducing the need for conventional soot cleaning systems that wear on heat exchangers and require lots of maintenance. Typical applications for the Infrasound Cleaning system on waste fired boilers are Economizers and Catalysts.
Some of the benefits that Infrasound Cleaning system brings to the customer are:
- Reduced or eliminated steam consumption for steam soot blowing. Increased production or reduced need for auxiliary boilers.
- Reduced or eliminated need of shot cleaning. Reduced or eliminated operational and maintenance costs of the shot cleaning system.
- Increased lifetime of heat exchangers. More than 40% longer lifetime of the heat exchanger.Non-abrasive infrasound cleaning increases the lifetime of heat exchangers by reducing the need for conventional cleaning systems. Infrafone Sonic Cleaning does not contribute to corrosion or erosion of heat exchangers.
- Lower and more stable differential pressure. Infrafone Sonic Cleaning reaches areas that are not accessible to conventional soot cleaning systems.
- Fewer outages for manual cleaning. Increased availability and energy production.
This report describes an example of how the profitability for a waste fired boiler was increased by lowering the fuel costs and reducing wear of the boiler when a solution based on infrasound technology was implemented. Read more about what the result was and the cost savings. For downloading the report please click here.